Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Windows Live Writer

Well, this weblog thing is kind of fun after all! Typing about a bunch of nothing that no one else is going to read. I'm not sure why it's fun, but it is.

 

And as with all things that I find fun, I have to find a better way to do them. The first thing I realized was that if I wanted to keep up doing the weblog thing, I'd have to get rid of the thin client and find myself a Windows fat client. Preferably a free one (or one with a 30 day trial since I still think that my enthusiasm for this won't last more than a few days). I saw one called RocketPost. Since my web email account was RocketMail made in part by a college buddy of mine, I have a soft spot in my heart for Rocket-things. So I tried it out. Didn't work. Got rid of it.

 

Then I saw a thing for Windows Live Writer Beta. Hey! This looks good! A Microsoft Windows Beta product! I'm sure it won't crash at all and I won't have any problems with it! Let's install it!

 

And that's exactly what I did. And guess what...I've had no problems with it and I've been using it for the last 5 minutes!

 

Seriously though, I really don't like thin clients. I feel much more comfortable with a feature rich fat client. So I think this'll be much better. I was getting a little annoyed at the little steps I had to do to insert a hyperlink. I'd much rather do it like this. Ahh...much better.

 

hmmm...now I need easier ways to put in pictures...It says I can use ftp... Do I need to get some ftp space to do that?

 

Well, I think I'll keep it around for a while. Until it breaks anyways...

No comments: