Monday, July 23, 2007

Boring Work Post

Well, I know that I said (about an hour ago) that I would try to not have any boring work stuff on here...but I suddenly feel the need to write about some boring work stuff. So here we go!

I have a new workstation that I'm using. My company is quite cheap, so I've been using the same old desktop workstation for the past 5 years. Needless to say, it is quite SSSSSSSSLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW... Well, I was very pleased when I found out that my boss was going to spring for a new computer. And a laptop at that! I'm in the process of moving all my apps from the old computer to the new one. I just got my wireless network working (which is why I'm typing from my backyard right now!). Everything's been great! Except for one thing...I couldn't make any ASP.Net web applications! Which is bad because...well, that's part of my job. I kept getting these goofy errors that didn't make any sense. Anyhow, to make a long story short, after much Googling, I used this and this to get it up and running again. Only took me 2 and a half days! Yay! Anyhow, if you do this sort of thing for a living, then you might want to store the information in the back of your brain in case you have a 'Class not registered' kind of day. If not, then well, you just wasted about a minute of your life reading useless information. Sorry about that!

No comments: