Monday, June 2, 2008

Paper Airplanes


Here's another good resource for having fun with your kids...

A couple of years ago, my stepmom got me a paper airplane calendar for Christmas. It's called the 'Paper Airplane Fold-A-Day Calendar'. Each day, you get to make an interesting paper airplane. The current day has the instructions. You use the instructions to fold up the previous day's page into the airplane. The pages are all colored so that your airplanes look extra cool when you're done.

I started out trying to do one a day, but quickly fell behind. So now, instead of using it as a calendar, I just take it out when me and the kids are looking for something fun to do. I'll fold 4 or 5 of them up and we'll have a whole brand new fleet of airplanes to play with.

I'm guessing that you can't get these calendars right now in the middle of the year, so you might have to wait a bit before you can find it. But they made a new one last year (my wife bought it for me), so hopefully they'll keep producing new ones each year.

One word of caution though...when I was searching for the calendar, I saw one called 365 Tiny Paper Airplanes Calendar. This one has the same group of paper airplanes repeated over and over again. Not as good. The one that I got has 365 different airplanes. Much more interesting!

1 comment:

Hope said...

That's a cool idea! Thanks so much for sharing! Thanks also for sharing your tip on my blog, http://simplyamom.worpress.com.