Friday, June 20, 2008

How to Shoot a Basketball

The other day, I saw this video clip about how to shoot a basketball. The coach says that when you're shooting, you pretty much just use your thumb, index finger, and middle finger of your shooting hand. That's it. You leave out your ring finger and pinkie.



I've been playing basketball for something like 20 years now. I even own a couple of instructional movies that teach you how to shoot a basketball.

So here's my question...

How come no one has told me this until now?!?!?!?!?


I went out and tried out this technique and it's way better than what I've been doing. It makes a lot of sense because those are the fingers that you use when you throw a football too. I've always had to fight with my shot to keep it from veering off to the right. My thumb, index finger, and middle finger naturally want to be in charge of the shot, so they push the ball that way when I try to get my other fingers involved. When I shoot like the guy says, it makes it 500% easier to get the ball to go straight.

I'm actually very mad that I didn't find this out until now...

Ok, not really mad. I just wish I knew this 10 years ago before I got old and slow.

No comments: