Friday, June 27, 2008

More from California

Oh, one more thing about my trip to California. The other developer in my old company is retiring, so I get the privilege of taking over his code. He developed applications using Visual Basic 6.0. In case you didn't know, VB 6 was released about 10 years ago. 10 years ago! And he wrote everything procedurally. No design patterns, no object oriented anything. Direct, low level database calls. You can't use SQL in his apps. He didn't even use source control! So one thing I did when I was down in California was to get a knowledge transfer from him about all the stuff that he was working on. I also got to try my hand at making some changes in his applications. Want to know what it feels like to work on his code? Something kinda like this:

No comments: