Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bulls-Eye Ball

A long time ago, while walking around Target, Mrs. BigKat saw a toy that she thought looked pretty fun. It was kind of like a very small Skee-ball (which she loves), but you bounce the balls instead of rolling them. I put this information in the back of my brain for safekeeping. Then, a little while ago on Clearance Day, I saw the same toy, so I grabbed it. I gave it to Mrs. BigKat as part of her Valentine's Day gift. And that is how our house was introduced to Bulls-Eye Ball.

Have you ever gone to someone's house and found some little toy or puzzle sitting on a side table, tried it out, and then felt silly afterwards because you ended up spending half your evening at their house trying to master that goofy toy? This is one of those kinds of toys. Let me tell you, this little game is a big huge pile of fun. The bouncing pad and scoring mechanism work quite well together. They don't limit your shot rate at all. Which means that you can spend hours sitting in front of this little electronic gizmo working your hardest to perfect your Bulls-Eye Ball tossing technique. If I was back in college, I imagine that this is something I very well would've done.

It has a few different game settings, but the best one is the '30 Second Blitz'. You get 30 seconds to score as many points as you can. Bulls-Eyes count for 3 points, the middle ring counts for 2, and the outer ring counts for 1. So far, the highest score I've gotten is 138 points. Yes, this means that I can shoot Bulls-Eyes both right and left handed. I'm just that good.

But you know who is also very good at this game? LilKat2. He's only 3 years old, but he's put up a high score of 29 points. You should see him when he gets a good score. His eyes get wide, a huge grin spreads across his face, and he starts shaking with excitement. It's pretty cute.

Mrs. BigKat is also pretty good at this game. She had the high score of 104 points for a little while. That was before I perfected my left handed Bulls-Eye shot...

2 comments:

bugh said...

Do you know how to remove the ball tray? I can't get it off & worried about breaking it

BigKat said...

I've never tried. Have you tried removing the screws from the bottom and taking off the bottom half? It seems like that might help.