Monday, March 3, 2008

You know...he has a point

We recently celebrated LilKat1's birthday. One of the presents that he got was a little tiny skateboard. When I say tiny, I mean like the size of a Hot Wheel tiny. And it comes with little tiny parts. It has tiny wheels, tiny risers, and a tiny screwdriver/socket wrench that you can use to take off all of the tiny parts. Now holding these tiny parts on are these extra tiny nuts and bolts. These are super, super tiny. So tiny, that if a few of them dropped on your sandwich and you ate them, you probably wouldn't notice.

Well, we were all eating a special birthday dinner together. LilKat1 finished early, so he was sitting at the table playing with his new toy. He was using the tiny socket wrench to take the tiny wheels off of his tiny skateboard. Suddenly, we heard an 'uh-oh'. The 'uh-oh' had come from LilKat1 which meant that there were probably some tiny skateboard parts on the floor. It took us a couple of seconds, but we found them and I put the parts back on the skateboard for him. I decided that it was probably not a good idea for LilKat1 to handle the tiny pieces by himself. So I told him, "I don't want you to lose any of these pieces, so no more taking apart your skateboard without my supervision."

LilKat1 cocked his head to one side and and stared at me for a second. Then he shook his head and said "Dad...you don't have supervision."

It took me a second, but then I realized that he was right. I can't see through walls, burn things with my eyes, or read a newspaper from a mile away. I have to admit that I, in fact, do not have Super Vision.

My-Friend-Who-Lies was over and I think we had a good 5 minutes of I-need-to-sit-on-the-floor-because-I'm-laughing-too-hard laughing. Even for the rest of the night, every time I thought of it, I started giggling.

No comments: