Monday, March 10, 2008

Kids Games

LilKat1's teacher recently had a birthday. I made a batch of candy so that LilKat1 could take it to her as a birthday present. Mrs. BigKat found a box for the candy and put a ribbon around it to make it look nice. This morning, Mrs. BigKat told LilKat1 that she was going to put the present in his backpack, so he needed to make sure that he was very careful with it. He looked a little concerned. I asked him if he'd like me to bring the present to school later (I'm volunteering at lunchtime). His eyes lit up a bit, and he said 'Yeah! You bring it...Because at school we like to play BATTLE BACKPACKS!'

I don't know what Battle Backpacks is, but I imagine that it's not something that a birthday present would want to experience. Good call by LilKat1.

3 comments:

Tara said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a riot!!!!!!!!

BigKat said...

I talked with LilKat1 this morning before school and he told me a little bit more about Battle Backpacks. Apparently it's a 'game' where you toss your backpack at someone else's backpack. And yes, your backpack still has your stuff in it. And yes, the other person is still wearing their backpack. And yes, there's a good chance that someone is going to get hit in the head with a backpack full of stuff.

BigKat said...

Oh, but I asked him if you could still get hit even if you weren't playing and he said no. So you don't have to worry about someone throwing a backpack at you if you're not playing. Which is good. Because that means they're being responsible. I guess...